St. Mary School is an elementary school at Immaculate Conception Church in the Diocese of Springfield, Illinois, and is dedicated to the development of the whole child for a better life on earth and for an eternal place in the Kingdom of God. Our doors are open to all walks of faith.
We offer all-day Kindergarten through fifth grade classes including before and after school care. We offer the lowest annual tuition rates in the area, and monthly payment plans are also available.
St. Mary School was founded in 1863 as St. Anne Academy in Mattoon, Illinois. In 1893, a new, two-story structure was built and named St. Joseph School. The current school as seen above was built in 1963.
Why St. Mary School?
- Optimum teacher-to-student ratio
- Religious formation
- State-of-the-art computer lab
- Curriculum promoting religious, social and cultural values
- Rigorous academic environment
- Consistent standardized test scores about national average
- State-certified teachers with an average of nine years’ experience
- Strong tradition of quality, Catholic education for 148 years